Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Black and White? Me?

Rainy Day


I have been an artist for so long that I'm fairly set in my ways: my pastels are generally florals; acrylics tend to be abstract with a lot of texture; and no matter what, everything has the most exciting color palette I can create. This year, 2011, I have been focusing on new techniques and subject matter.

The tag line for my website is "it's all about the color..." so when I began working in black and white no one was more surprised than I was. I am so excited about this unanticipated turn in my work!

Although art festivals are probably the best way for an artist to get their work in front of the public, my health keeps me from going that route. Plan B is to enter competitions and find a gallery(s) for representation or a one-woman show.

Before I can approach a gallery, though, I need a cohesive body of work, about 15 - 20 paintings, that can stand as a collection. For now, I am building that collection on my new black and white studies.

2012:
  • The year I create my first collection
  • The year I find gallery representation
  • The year I have a one woman show
What are your goals for 2012?

Happy painting!
Susan L Stewart

 


No comments:

Post a Comment